So you want to host a trip? Great! Here's what you need to know.
1. Create your account
First things first!
- The first step is creating your Host account with TrovaTrip. Sign up here and we'll send you an email to activate your account.
- After that, sign in to the portal and take a look around! This is where you will access your survey link, audience survey data, manage bookings, earnings and more.
2. Survey your community
Gauge interest & gather data.
- Use the survey link we provide (found in your portal and sent via email) to collect valuable insights about your community.
- The survey will help you collect data on:
- Where your audience wants to go
- Their age and travel budget
- What activities they want to do
- What they want to learn from you (workshops, seminars, retreats, etc.)
- And more
- You must collect 50+ qualified responses* to begin planning a trip. History shows that Hosts who successfully launched and sold their trip collected at least 50 qualified responses at the time of surveying. This minimum requirement is in place to protect your time and the time of our Operating partners as it helps to ensure success.
- *A qualified response is a respondent age 18+ with a travel budget of $2k+.
- Hosts who collected more responses typically confirm/sell out their trip faster, so even if you hit 50, we recommend you keep promoting for at least one week.
- Check out these tips for how to effectively promote your survey.
TrovaTrip Travelers doing yoga in Zion National Park.
3. Plan your trip
Finalize the details & request your trip in the portal.
- Surveying your audience is just the first step in the hosting process! Next, use your data to determine the best itinerary, dates and trip price to fit your audience.
- Choose from one of our 150+ professionally designed itineraries.
- Select your preferred trip dates.
- Add information for workshops you plan to teach on the trip.
- Include additional information, i.e. if you plan to bring a plus one, any dietary restrictions, etc.
- Then, submit your trip request! Our Operating partners will approve your trip or be in touch if anything needs to change.
- Once your request is approved, use our pricing calculator to easily add your margin and determine your income from the trip.
TrovaTrip Host @ashlelnok promoting her trip on Instagram.
4. Promote your trip
Build awareness & continue ongoing promotions.
- Raise awareness about your trip prior to launch. This will allow your community to plan to book as soon as it becomes available.
- After you've launched, expect to continue trip promotions about once a week until your trip reaches confirmed*.
- *A trip becomes confirmed when the minimum number of Travelers required to operate the trip have booked.
- After your trip is confirmed, continue to sprinkle in promotions until it's sold out! Once sold out, Travelers can join your waitlist and be the first to know about any future trips you may offer. Hellooooo repeatable income.
TrovaTrip Host @keenanblogger with Travelers in Costa Rica.
Show up and be a great Host.
- Leading up to the trip, connect with your Travelers via the group chat we provide. This will help you build community and form deep connections from day one!
- A local Guide will be there to lead the way as the destination expert, so there is no need to stress.
- When on the trip, remember to be present and enjoy the moment. You're the one who brought all these amazing people together, and that's pretty sweet.
Have more questions about hosting? View our Host FAQ page.
Ready to plan a trip? Create your account and begin surveying.