Trova Community Guidelines
We all belong, everywhere.
When you travel with Trova, you become a part of our global community. A community that values humanity and is deeply curious about the way we connect across cultures, geographies, and personalities. These guidelines exist to ensure that every human — Host, Traveler, Guide, and beyond — feels safe and respected, even while venturing outside of our comfort zones and around the globe.
Our commitment to our community:
These guidelines exist for all community members. Every Traveler, Host, Trip Operator, Guide, Trova employee is expected to follow these guidelines to create a healthy environment. We hold ourselves to the same standards and we do not, and will not, tolerate bullying, harassment, discrimination, intimidation, or any form of cruelty by any member.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or disability. We do not tolerate discrimination against any individual or groups on any of these grounds.
Trova is committed to:
- Transparency without compromising safety. We encourage an open dialogue and will try to be transparent with our community whenever possible. If we determine any content shared by a community member — including reviews — has been created to cause harm to another person, Trova reserves the right to remove such content immediately.
- A complete story. We believe that there are many sides to every story, and we are committed to understanding the whole picture when something goes wrong or appears to be a breach of our guidelines. Our team reserves the right to launch investigations into any incidents that occur within the Trova community.
- An opportunity for growth. Whenever possible, we assume best intentions. As such, we’ve built reviews and investigations into our processes to create space for people to make things right or do better in the wake of community guideline violations. Humans make mistakes, perfection is a construct, and we’re all doing the best we can in an industry (and world) that can be unpredictable. Trova reserves the right to explore probationary steps in the wake of lesser community guideline violations when appropriate.
Your commitment to one another:
By joining the Trova community, you are committing to creating a safe, respectful environment for everyone. That means adhering to the following guidelines while on the Trova platform, on a TrovaTrip, on any platform while affiliated with TrovaTrip, or anytime you’re interacting with other community members.
Anyone who violates or does not respect the spirit of these guidelines may be immediately and permanently removed from the Trova platform.
What we expect
Be kind. Start every interaction with empathy, consider how others may feel, and choose the path that leads to the best outcomes for all.
Be respectful. Whether you’re using our online platform, scrolling on social media, or on a trip, respect people’s boundaries, respect people’s personal differences, and keep your judgments to yourself.
Be aware. Be intentional with your words and actions, online, offline, and on a trip. Strive to build and uplift, not tear down.
Be responsible. Your actions can have an impact. Be accountable to your choices and behaviors.
Be inclusive. Come as you are and allow others to do the same.
Be curious. If you find yourself defensive or prickly when interacting with these guidelines or a member of our community, we encourage you to get curious and ask yourself why you might be feeling that way. There is always something to learn from people who are different from us.
What we do not tolerate
We do not tolerate harassment or bullying of any kind
This includes written or verbal harassment, hate speech, violence, sexual harassment, negative behaviors toward others based on their race, ethnicity, immigration status, religion, caste, body size or appearance, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or disease. This includes trolling and posts or comments that instigate conflict with, or aim to harm another person or community member.
No malicious content, unverifiable or irrelevant reviews, content that is inappropriately biased, or information that is not helpful or could harm the mental, physical and financial health and well-being of another person.
No content that is disrespectful, discriminatory, or derogatory toward members of any community — even beyond the Trova community.
We do not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability
We do not tolerate privacy violations.
- No content that shares the location, address, phone number, or any other personal information or personally identifiable information of any other person or community member.
- No resharing of personal or intimate stories shared by a community member or Traveler that were shared in good faith or in confidence on trip.
- Please respect others, including Trova community members and local residents when capturing content on a trip. Consent is required from all parties before capturing or posting their image or personal information.
- Do not share content that contains the location, address, phone number, or any other personal information or personally identifiable information of any other person or community member.
We do not tolerate overtly sexual or explicit content.
We do not tolerate violent or overtly aggressive behavior directed toward another person, no matter how such behavior is conveyed.
- No guns or weapons are allowed on any trip.
- No content promoting firearms.
- No vulgar language with malicious intent.
We do not tolerate content promoting illegal activities.
We do not tolerate commercial content that promotes other businesses or brands without authorization or approval by or from Trova.
If these guidelines aren’t for you
Then let’s part ways peacefully. It’s always our hope that community members will choose empathy, curiosity, and growth when made aware of a guideline violation. If you aren’t comfortable with these standards, then Trova is not right for you and vice versa. Anyone who violates or does not respect the spirit of these guidelines may be immediately and permanently removed from the Trova platform.
Help keep our community safe
We welcome input, feedback, and reporting on violations directly from our community members. We ask that you include as much information as you’re able to, and we may follow up to ask for details or screenshots, as appropriate.
Email us at email@example.com to report any violations.