Community & Trip Review Guidelines
At TrovaTrip, everything we do is designed to enhance lives through meaningful connection, learning and exploration. We’re constantly working to make travel safer and more accessible, and as members of the TrovaTrip community, we need your help to create a safe and respectful environment.
While we encourage an open dialogue and strive for transparency, we will not tolerate bullying, harassment or intimidation by any member. If we believe that any content shared, including reviews, has been created in bad faith or with the intent to cause physical/emotional harm to another user, it will be removed immediately. No questions asked.
Follow our community guidelines so that together, we can create an environment that feels good for everyone. Yep, everyone. This means adhering to these rules while on the TrovaTrip platform, social media, on a trip or anytime you’re interacting with other members. The world needs more kindness. So let it start with you.
Connecting experts and enthusiasts through exploration.
Let’s cover the basics:
- Be respectful. Whether you’re using our online platform, scrolling on social media, or on a trip, respect is the name of the game.
- Be kind. Lead with empathy and goodwill toward others. Karma will reward you.
- Be aware. Be intentional with your words and actions. Strive to build and uplift, not tear down.
- Be responsible. Take accountability when you need to.
- Celebrate diversity. Come as you are and allow others to do the same. Our differences make us special.
Here’s what we absolutely will not tolerate. It just ain’t gonna fly:
- Harassing or bullying
- This includes written or verbal harassment, hate speech, violence, sexual harassment, negative behaviors toward others based on their race, ethnicity, immigration status, religion, caste, body size or appearance, gender (please share your pronouns), sexual orientation, disability, or disease.
- We reserve the right to remove malicious, unverifiable or irrelevant reviews, content that is inappropriately biased, and information that is not helpful or could harm the mental, physical and financial health and wellbeing of another person. That kinda stuff ain't cool, man. Don’t do it, please.
- Any content that is disrespectful toward another community member. Just play nice and we won’t have a problem.
- Posts or comments that instigate conflict with, or aim to harm, another person.
- Privacy violations
- Content that shares the location, address, personal information of any other person.
- Personal/intimate stories that are shared in good-faith on tour. If someone shares something in confidence, keep your mouth shut. Good friends don’t spill the beans.
- Sexual content
- No overtly sexual content. Please use your best judgment. Whether sexual content will be deleted is up to TrovaTrip’s discretion.
- Violent content
- Violent or aggressive behavior in person, on the internet, in trip reviews, or anywhere else is not acceptable.
- No guns, no weapons. This is a non-negotiable.
- Vulgar language and swearing
- No vulgar language with malicious intent. Know your audience.
- Commercial use
- Content that promotes other businesses or brands without authorization or approval from TrovaTrip. Stealing credit isn’t cool.
Your well-being and safety are our number one priority, as is the well-being of our entire community. If you see something, say something.
Follow the guidelines.
Failure to observe our community guidelines may result in permanent removal from the TrovaTrip platform and future trips.
- Respect one another and the destination you visit
- Be kind and treat others the way you want to be treated
- Be an upstander—help protect others
- Be inclusive of everyone
- Practice safety above all else
- Create an environment that fosters connection, learning and exploration
- Bring an open mind and be accepting of what makes us different
- Be patient—travel doesn't always go according to plan
- Be mindful of the power of words and tone
- Help others have fun and make lasting memories
When should a Host deny a Traveler spot?
Denying a Traveler a spot is not something we take lightly, but there are times when this action is necessary. Hosts should reject a Traveler if they find any of the following red flags:
- Hate speech
- Sexual harassment
- Written or verbal harassment
- Stalking behaviors
These are not activities we can allow in the Trova community as Host and Traveler safety is at the top of our priorities. As a Host, if you get a gut feeling—trust it.
These are the Traveler terms for cancellation by the Host:
5.10 Cancellation by Host. The Host may cancel your Booking for any reason up to 60 days before the Departure Date. Except in the event of Force Majeure as defined below, if the Host cancels your Booking, you can transfer the Down Payment and Additional Payments to an alternate Departure Date or receive a full refund. In case of any cancellation for any reason, we are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your Booking, including but not limited to, visas, vaccinations, unfavorable exchange rate fluctuations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flight.
And for the Host:
5.4 Cancellation of individual passengers by You. If you choose to cancel individual confirmed Travelers at any time and for any reason, other than in the event of a Qualifying Exemption (defined below), you shall pay to the Company the value of the total service fees for that spot if the spot is not filled prior to 60 days before a Trip's planned departure. A Qualifying Exemption means that if you have security concerns and/or observe threatening behavior exhibited by the Traveler/s that may impact the dynamic and safety of the Trip, Travelers or yourself. The determination of a Qualifying Exemption is at the discretion of the Company. Any service fees shall be paid within 30 days of notice by the Company of the amount due. The Company may deduct such amounts from any funds due and owing to you under any other agreement. You agree and acknowledge that unfavorable exchange rate fluctuations that may lead to a greater amount due to the Company under this paragraph.
When does TrovaTrip deny a Host from using the platform?
TrovaTrip reserves the right to deny anyone from use of our platform. Reasons a Host may be denied include, but are not limited to:
- Hate speech
- Sexual harassment
- Written or verbal harassment